Equality and Diversity
Chandlers archives Ltd is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer and to valuing diversity by providing equality of opportunity to applicants and staff and by following working practices that is free from unfair and unlawful discrimination and encourages mutual trust and respect for individuals. The aim of the Equality and Diversity in Employment Policy is to ensure that no applicant or member of staff receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of:
- Race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins
- Religion or belief
- Sexual Orientation
Or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be relevant to performance. This policy also seeks to ensure that no member of staff is victimised or subjected to any form of bullying or harassment in the workplace. All members of staff have the right:
- To work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying
- To have equal access to training, career development and promotion opportunities
- To seek re-dress, without fear of victimisation, when they perceive they have been discriminated against, harassed or bullied in the workplace.
While specific responsibility for eliminating unlawful discrimination and providing equality of opportunity rests with senior and line managers.
Legal and Other References to This policy is founded on the provisions of:
- The Equal Pay Act 1975 (as amended)
- The Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- The Race Relations Act 1976
- The Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- The Sex Discrimination (Gender Reassignment) Regulations 1999
- The Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000
- The Race Relations (Amendment) Regulations 2003
- The Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003
- The Disability Discrimination Act (Amendment) Regulations 2003
- The Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003
- The Disability Discrimination Act 2005
- The Equality Act 2006
- The Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006 and
- European Directives and Codes of Practice.
If you would like to find out more about any of our services please contact us using the short form below.